What can you expect when you visit the Ombudsperson?
The Ombudsperson will listen to you.
The Ombudsperson will work with you to determine what your interests and goals are.
The Ombudsperson may:
- Coordinate with the Graduate Academic Advising Office to explain a policy, procedure or resolve an issue
- Help identify options and obtain information
- Work directly with your Department to help resolve issues or concerns
- Facilitate communication with other parties
- Provide conflict resolution coaching
- Provide mediation or facilitation services
- Suggest negotiation strategies to resolve conflict and prevent disputes
- Make referrals to campus resources such as Cook Counselling, Services for Students with Disabilities, Graduate Student Immigration Services or Student Legal Services